My Story

After living in my home for 10 years I have decided to take on a backyard re-design and install an artificial putting green on my own. I have completed extensive research and I feel that I can complete the project on my own without using any professional services. I did research how much it would cost to have this completed 100% by a professional company and I am attempting to be able to accomplish the same job for Underhalf of that price.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Install Week

This is the Monday before I start my install on Friday. In preparation for the big event I have had to plan  what tools and materials I am going to need.  Today I had pool filter sand #20 from Leslie's Pool supplies delivered.  I needed about 1,600 pounds of sand for the fill so I had 32 fifty-pound bags delivered today.



I have ordered my sub-base material from Valley Rock supplies in Loomis, CA.  On Friday they will be delivering 4.5 cubic yards of road base II and 2.5 cubic yards of compactable arena sand.  I have purchased contractor grade weed fabric and PL375 glue for the seams.  I am having a hard time finding the nails that I need, 60D galvanized common nails, so far Lowe's and Home Depot have not had Galvanized 60D nails.  I was only able to find a few at Walmart of all places.

I plan on renting a plate compactor and a landscaping rake from the Home Depot on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment