The step before the below sanding was to lay down commercial grade weed fabric between the seems and glue it with PL 375 adhesive. I did not have good luck with the glue drying, I think the glue should have been exposed to outside air for a longer period of time. After gluing I used 4 inch galvanized nails to nail the fringe down closest to the green surface. Do not nail the green surface.
|After nailing I spread about 12 bags of sand, then spread and then added more.|
|I found that a softer bristle broom worked well, as well as a large plastic leaf rake.|
|I now could cut the cups out! This took a lot of sharp blades to do well. I used around 7 to 8 blades per hole. I cut an X shape in the hole then I laid my blade on the outside of the hole and cut around.|